Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Belong to a Book Club?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Ellie Jane, 4 Aug 2017.

1. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

Do you belong to a book club where you meet up with others to discuss literature regularly? It seems that my current book club is unusual which has made me curious about how other clubs run the show. How many members do you have? How do you make the book selections? How did you find each other?

2. jessica

jessica Active Member

Nope, just Bookangel really now:D.

3. Julia

Julia Member

I am in a small book club of five other women. We meet up monthly and discuss the book over wine and snacks. We each take turns choosing a book to read. There isn't really any set rules, we just go with the flow.

4. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

I'm part of a book club through the library. We have a range of members though at this point we've got about twelve regulars. A librarian runs the group, but usually, she just keeps us on track if we go too far afield. We meet monthly. Right now we're meeting at various places in the community because the branch we meet at is getting renovated. It's been interesting since we've had a few visitors this way. Even so, I'll be glad when we're back at the library instead of moving around so much.

5. Demi

Demi Member

I am part of a couple online book clubs, mostly through goodreads. However, I do not meet with people in my area and have book discussions.

6. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

I thought most of you you all were in a book club together? It seemed most of you had met Stephen the cat and it seemed to occur during a book discussion. I likely misread the whole thing. Wouldn't be the first time.