Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Have Indie books improved?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Angel, November 14, 2019.

1. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

The amount of people writing indie books has increased so much over the last few years and there are more places than ever to help people out with writing a story.

I used to average out that half the books were good and half were bad. But it seems that now, there are more good books to the bad and that the overall quality seems to be improving.

With that in mind, has the quality of indie books, those self-published and so on actually improved? Or am I just getting lucky these days in the titles I choose?

Any thoughts?

2. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I think you're getting lucky, I've been on a dreadful streak of books recently.

One thing I have noticed is that a lot of people stick out a book quickly, and then a couple of months later when I see it again, it's got some new blurb and a nice shiny cover to try and drum up some new business. If I'm really lucky someone will have tarted up the insides as well, but it's usually too much to ask for.

The selling part seems to have improved, just not the overall quality.

Site Sponsors