Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Is time flying?

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by Meryl, 18 May 2017.

1. Meryl

Meryl Member

Is it just me or is this year going by really fast? I guess it's true what they say: The older you get, the more time seems to fly. Apparently it's not just when you're having fun, LOL. It seems like just yesterday we were all writing in the New Year's Resolutions thread and the year is already half over! What is your experience like?

2. clair02

clair02 Member

I'll say! Soon it's going to be the holiday season again and it's another year gone. My year seems to go by in three month sections. January is quite a busy month for me work-wise, and next thing I know it's the end of May and I'll blink and summer will be over.

3. Meryl

Meryl Member

I hear you, Claire02. There are pros and cons to this, though. If you have stuff that you're looking forward to at the end of the year then it's a good thing time seems to move so fast.

4. Terry

Terry Member

First three months of this year went really slowly, last couple have shot by. I'm hoping at some point it will slow down, but as I get more busy, the time just seems to melt away.

I tend to keep a record of things I've done so I can go back and convince myself I did stuff and actually show that the time wasn't wasted on nothing.

No worries, it will be Christmas soon.

5. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Ok - where did July and August go...

I'm sure they happened, I just don't remember them in a blaze of things going on.

6. jessica

jessica Active Member

Is it trying to make up for 2016 or something::unsure::? It's going whizzing by:eek:!

7. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Yeah, and it's not been as bad as...

...aww crap.. I'm going to jinx it aren't I?

8. Anna

Anna Member

The months really have been flying by. The older I get, the faster time goes. I guess the old adage is true. Although it's weird; the days seem longer but the months fly by.

9. Donna

Donna Member

Retailers don't help much. When they start displaying Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas in August, there's not much time for reflection on spring and summer. I encourage each and every one of you to find some "down time." We all need to just be quiet for a time each day.

10. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I think November aka NaNoWriMo is about to slap me in the face out of nowhere.

11. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

Already seeing the retailer displays for Christmas despite the fact it is the start of October and already seen one shop re-appear that only turns up for the few months around then before it vanishes for another nine months.

At least I can get some of my shopping done early.