Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping a journal

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Miranda, 13 May 2017.

1. Miranda

Miranda Member

I have kept a very detailed journal for everything I do since I was young and whether it's personal or to do with school or business, I always found that it was easier to keep track and to improve what I was doing by keepig a journal. Does anyone else here do that?

2. clair02

clair02 Member

I know what you mean. I do a lot of forex trading online and keeping a detailed record of every trade that I take has been the only reason I have managed to stay profitable when over 95% of people who start trading lose money and fail. It's easy to see what needs work and where you're going wrong when you keep a written record of everything you do.

3. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I've tried. Hundreds of times.

Journals, diaries, notebooks, online journals, programs, bits of string, sticky notes, you name it. I just don't have the patience or willpower to keep one going. Longest mine lasted was about three weeks.

Tell me, how do you do it?

4. Meryl

Meryl Member

It just has to become important enough for you to stick with it. I get so busy sometimes that I forget some very important things even if they were on my 'to-do' list so now I've started scheduling everything. It goes on my calendar and it either gets done in the timeframe that it's scheduled for or it gets deleted or delegated. I have become so much more efficient (and stress free) since I took up that practice.

5. Laibrown

Laibrown New Member

It is very essential to keep a journal and a very small and mobile one, that you can move about. I am one unorganized writer and I think a lot even when I am on the road some great ideas could come to my head. But if I do not get journal with me I probably would forget such awesome idea. I can remember a particular day I traveled long distance, on the journey a lot of thoughts came to mind and I wrote on every writable material I could find even on my palm. Had it been I have a journal with me then that would have been easier and more fun.

6. atry

atry Member

I keep a diary to plan events ahead, but I don't see the point in writing down what happened afterwards in a journal rather than updating my diary with the next actions.

7. Julia

Julia Member

I have kept a journal since I was a teenager. I keep a journal on my nightstand and write in it every night before bed. Some mornings when I wake up I grab it to write down an interesting dream I had. I think writing everything down is sort of a therapy for me.

8. Demi

Demi Member

I never remember journals. I have had so many of them and I always tell myself that I'm going to use them, but I always forget about them a day or two after using them.