Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Kindle In Motion

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Julia, 10 Aug 2017.

1. Julia

Julia Member

Have you read any of the new books available on Amazon with the Kindle In Motion feature? Basically the Kindle in Motion books have pages with a slight animation. They have several books with it already and I am sure there will be more added. I think it may be distracting to certain books but may enhance other books.

2. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

I haven't heard of Kindle in Motion. I watched a brief demo video just now, and the examples didn't look too distracting, but you do have the option to turn the animations off. I can see it working well for children's books as a way to hold reader engagement.

3. Julia

Julia Member

I didn't know that you could turn the animations on and off! Guess I should have read a little more about it! I agree that children would probably like the animations.

4. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Just had a look at it.

On the one hand it could be great for adding atmosphere to a story. On the other, you just know someone is going to be using some badly repeating gif's that should have been left with memes instead.

I think the animated ones, will be better, or anyone who has looked at the main menu screens for video games where they do little repetitions over again.

I can see it working really well with anything stylised, to fit the story.

Julia likes this.
  5. I think it could be great for a uni textbook. If you don't know a word or need further information on the material an interactive textbook could make it easier. You could work out examples and get feedback right away too. I've looked though, and it doesn't appear to be geared this way. It's mostly just entertainment.

6. Demi

Demi Member

I actually haven't heard of Kindle In Motion, surprisingly. However, I imagine that it's probably a thing of preference, with some people liking it and other not enjoying it.

7. Julia

Julia Member

I just saw that they had the Harry Potter books in the Kindle in Motion format. This could be very good! The Sorcerer's Stone has a little preview. I may buy it to check out with my daughter and let everyone know what we thought about it. It looks amazing!