Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Kindle rant-ebooks are great if you can find it

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Ellie Jane, 9 Dec 2017.

1. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

I adore ebooks because I can carry hundreds of books around on one small device. It's convenient. However, I'm realizing that convenience comes at a big price when using a Kindle - I can't find what I'm looking for! I can only sort by the author's name (lots of Terry Prachett) or by the last date I read it (most recently read is just a long list). I can't use tags to find what I'm looking for. I can't even sort by genre. It is incredibly aggravating that the device won't sort or search properly. Is there something I'm missing? I special feature I need to download perhaps? Anything?

2. Donna

Donna Member

Oh dear Ellie. That is a problem. I have a kindle but have not faced that issue yet. I do hope someone has an answer because I need to know as well. If you find an answer elsewhere, please post.

Ellie Jane likes this.
  3. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Have you considered making collections on your Kindle and putting them into some kind of groups?

It's not quite the same as an advanced search, but at least you can categorise the way you want it.

Ellie Jane likes this.
  4. natalie

natalie Member

Yeah, unfortunately, I think collections are the only way you could categorize them in another way. It would be really handy if they could separate them by genre. You wouldn't think that would be difficult to implement since all Kindle books are categorized by genre in their store.

Ellie Jane likes this.
  5. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

Yes, that's what I'm in the process of doing. It's just so darn tedious when you have hundreds of books. I need to go on a book junky diet and enjoy the ones I already have for a while. It's not easy to do when so many good authors are mentioned here.