Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Kindle vs. Paper

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Donna, 22 Sep 2017.

1. Donna

Donna Member

Being a children's librarian has made me very aware of all the ways to read books these days. Kindle/online are the most popular and I do own a kindle. However, I am old school and much prefer physically turning pages to reading from an electronic device. Am I in this category by myself?

Ellie Jane likes this.
  2. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

I like both equally for different reasons. Nothing beats the feel and smell of a physical book. There's something satisfying about turning the pages too. But, when I'm traveling or am not sure what I want to read, nothing beats my Kindle. I can save thousands of books in one spot. I can read at night without a flashlight. If there's something I don't understand, I can find the answer straight away. It isn't quite as satisfying as a physical book, but it makes up for it in other areas.

3. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

I used to do storytime when I worked in libraries. It was always fun to share new books.

I've always been a reader and physical books have a special place in my heart. The technological side of books has been a wonderful addition though. As Ellie Jane said, traveling with plenty of reading material is much easier. I also have the Kindle app on my phone, so if a wait turns out to be longer than anticipated, I always have a book with me. Reading on my phone isn't ideal, but I'll take it over staring off into space.

4. Anna

Anna Member

I prefer books I can hold in my hand. eBooks are nice because they tend to be cheaper and you can download them as long as you have internet. Like others have said, it's especially nice to have a Kindle when you're traveling. Nothing compares to the feel of a book in my hand though.

5. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I'm a kindle person. I've got a library in something smaller than your average paperback.

I don't have the space for all the books I would want and I don't much miss the original thing. I've broken too many spines or folded too many pages by accident.