Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Review Piety and Other Stories

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Bookangel, 9 May 2017.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

Piety and Other Stories

Some strong content that might deter certain readers, but overall this is an excellent collection of short stories across a range of genres.

Continue reading...

Last edited: 10 May 2017
  2. HattieMoon

HattieMoon Member

Thanks for the detailed review. I do like collections of short stories but just looking at the cover I would never have picked this one. (Not a sci-fi fan.) I think it is a real gift to be able to adopt various writing styles; few authors can avoid their own voice dominating, though John Grisham has managed it a couple of times recently.

3. clair02

clair02 Member

I love sci-fi and this sounds like something that would be right up my alley. I agree with you, HattieMoon. It takes a really talented author to be able to migrate from one style of writing to another so seamlessly.

4. HighSparrow

HighSparrow New Member

Great review. I think this book is worth reading for anyone who is into Sci-fi and horror. I love that it's a collection of different types of stories that appeal to different audiences.

5. Miranda

Miranda Member

I agree with you, HighSparrow. There is something for everyone in this book and for people like me who enjoy a lot of different genres, then it's perfect. It's great that it's so well written, too.

6. Meryl

Meryl Member

Great review. I also like having a collection of short stories in vastly different genres. It gets kind of monotonous when it's all one genre sometimes and a little bit of variety is always appreciated.