Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Review Scattered With the Wind

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Bookangel, 24 Feb 2016.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

Scattered With the Wind

This is a touching and very honest memoir of how Donna and her dog Edie survived the Joplin Tornado, including photographs of the damage that make the scale of the tornado painfully clear. I came to this rather cynically, having had far too many Katrina cash-in stories offered for review, but it laid my fears […]

Continue reading...

Last edited: 24 Feb 2016
  2. atry

atry Member

Its hard to say I like it, 'cos its the story of someone going through hell, but at the same time its an interesting, true, and nicely written story of someone going through hell, that they've chosen to share, so presumably the author wants comments.

Guess all I can say is, Dear Author, Sorry you went through that. Great Book though.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I think that I would enjoy a story like this, and the human touch to these sorts of stories always has a way of moving me. I now that I am not alone there though, and that is why they become popular, and I am thinking that this really might hit home. I have seen what a tornado can do, and I am sure this experience was very traumatic.

4. clair02

clair02 Member

I personally don't really like such stories of devastation and pain. I have long held the belief that when you read such stories you invite the essence of them into your life, but I know that is not everyone's view. So as much as I wouldn't like such a story, I know it appeals to a lot of other people.

It takes a lot to be able to share something so devastating and terrible that happened to you with the world, and maybe the author found a way to release some of that trauma by sharing the experience, so I guess it's a good thing.