Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Snow - in March?

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by Kindler, 25 Feb 2018.

1. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Having not seen any all year apart from some which vanished in a few hours, we are supposed to get a full Siberian blast of cold weather.

Are we really going to be building snowmen, when we should be looking for snowdrops?

And as if Southern Rail needed any more excuse to screw up the trains.

I bet we get nothing.

2. Terry

Terry Member

Nope we got snow. More than enough to cause havoc outside of London as well. Not so much here although expecting more later.

It's all gone to slush as well.

3. porridge

porridge Member

Not the first March snow I've seen or the last up here. Few Marchs' ago our local bridge floated off down the river. Ya soft Southern lot.

4. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Hey, we nearly didn't get any for the winter, at least anything decent.

That's probably going to be it, now, until something strange in July.

5. tirial

tirial Member

It's Baaaa-aaack.

(The cats are doing a "Hold on, we've just seen this go! NO Fair!" look.)

C. Lee McKenzie likes this.
  6. A snowy London or England in general is always romantic to me, but hey, I'm a Californian near the beach, so snow anywhere has a glow of romance. We're just getting the rain that should have in February.

7. Terry

Terry Member

London does not do snow, it does grey slush after a few hours due to all the air pollution and the shops kicking out lots of heat from inside.

Romantic is when you get out into the depths of the countryside and look across untouched fields of white in the gloaming.

8. jessica

jessica Active Member

You might get that in April this year! ::rofl::::rofl::