Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

The government

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by porridge, 22 Oct 2017.

1. porridge

porridge Member

Just the government. Our current clueless muppets are a good reason to drink, right? Kind of not what they've done but that they exist and how they do it.

2. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

I'd have to say I'd agree. Anything in particular or just the entire system in general?

3. Donna

Donna Member

Are you talking about the Royals porridge? They are forever in the news. The queen is about to step down isn't she? And Harry is about to be engaged while William and Kate are expecting their third child. People tend to live vicariously through the royals and the government takes a back seat. Don't you agree?

4. atry

atry Member

If he's talking about politicians and the civil service, I'm right there with him. President Blair or President Thatcher are both good reasons to keep the royals around. At least the damage they do is limited.

5. jessica

jessica Active Member

Can I add Civil Servants who like taking paychecks but not doing any actual work:whistle:? There's a few of them our charity's run into.:mad:

6. tirial

tirial Member

Are you psychic or are the Scottish press ahead of us Southerners? You seem to have picked up the latest round of sex scandals before they fully broke.

Micheal Fallon, Cabinet ministers, and others taking advantage of interns, DJs and more? What a mess.

7. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

@porridge, time traveller? Now that is an unsettling thought.

8. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Well, they couldn't brexit their way out of a paper bag, either side of them.

Now we have a dodgy dossier of despicable deadbeats.

So another day in politics...huh?

9. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

I believe someone once said that the only viable form of government is a benevolent dictator.

It seems our current crop are doing their best to prove the maxim correct.

10. tirial

tirial Member

A shame there is no modern-day Solon, but then the wise stay well away from government now.

11. Terry

Terry Member

Makes you wonder who is going to blink first in the current game of Brexit chicken?

They all seem as arrogant and in it for themselves on both sides.