Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Top 3 Favourite Indie Authors of all time

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by jessica, 4 Feb 2018.

1. jessica

jessica Active Member

Who are your favourite indie authors of all time:)? (You know, cos we're an indie book board...)

2. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Favourite indy authors? Tricky one as I tend to read one novel and then on to the next book.

Then again, this site has got me hooked on the Lizz Lund books: Confection Connection and all the others. Those ones I have enjoyed a few times over.

3. Jackie

Jackie New Member

It's so hard to choose! I don't know if I can narrow it down to a top three, but I love G. Lawrence. I really love her novels about Anne Boleyn. To be fair, they're a little heavy on introspection. However, I love the amount of detail she works in.

4. Zelda

Zelda New Member

Oh, favorite author questions - these are always so hard to answer! I'll have to go for three indie authors I've read recently and enjoyed.

Lincoln Cole - I really enjoyed reading his World on Fire series. I don't typically read a whole lot of horror novels, but maybe the refreshing change of pace is one of the things that made it so enjoyable for me. The prologue of the first book had me hooked.

Charlie N. Holmberg - I got the first novel of The Paper Magician series as a freebie on Amazon Prime, and I'm so glad I did! The plot wasn't 100% stellar, but the world building was absolutely incredible. It completely made up for anything lacking in the plot, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Claire Ridgway - @Jackie, if you enjoy Tudor era books, you should check her out! She only writes non-fiction, but she writes a lot about the Tudor era. She's the owner of a couple of Tudor sites, one that is all about Anne Boleyn (at least, it originally was) and she really knows her stuff, even if she isn't an "official" historian. I think that helps though because her tone is always casual, informative, and doesn't talk down to you; at the same time, she doesn't assume you know everything either. She also has a book out about indie authors and tips about self-publishing.