Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to read - update p34

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by tirial, 18 Aug 2016.

1. tirial

tirial Member

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm home. I have a lovely black eye (and matching red eyeball) because the new lens folded over during insertion so my eye ended up being pulled around a bit. Despite a few new scratches from the new lens settling (hence the gorgeous red eyeball), apparently both eyes are showing signs of improvement. I'm still on limited PC work, and sleep is a problem because I can't close my eye for very long, but it is improving.

There's still two more months of treatment to go before they know if surgery is needed. I am really hoping not, since it's not a great Christmas present!

djbook likes this.
  2. Terry

Terry Member

That must have really hurt. :eek:

At least they are getting better in stead of worse. I hope your Christmas Presents are your eyes back to normal.

3. jessica

jessica Active Member

*Whimper* and ((hugs))

4. tirial

tirial Member

One eye done, and a quiet Christmas, then in January... They're treating the other eye, it's three more months, and yeah, I just...just.... Oh F.F.F.F.F.F. The good, no excellent, news is the retina's not damaged, just the cornea. Minor bad news is the inspection needed to make sure means I have another black eye.

I do apologise for yesterday, I didn't come down from the anaesthetic(sic?) until 4 this afternoon, so I'm not that lucid right now.

5. jessica

jessica Active Member

6. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

Still? Oh dear, this must be getting so frustrating. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you. Do you think you can still avoid surgery?

7. Terry

Terry Member

Breathe...let it all out.

I hope that at the end of the next three its all fixed. Right?

8. jessica

jessica Active Member

How are you doing? The coding seems to be picking up!:)

9. tirial

tirial Member

Six more weeks of treatment. Please let this be the last round. Eyes hurting like hell, although I went an entire month without tearing them! I've got stronger meds, but the pain is making it difficult to get things done. My corneas have developed the strength and resilience of tissue paper (developed visible issues literally from the bandage being changed during the exam), so this may go long-term.

10. jessica

jessica Active Member

((hugs))

11. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

That...that sucks big time. Is there nothing you can do to try and ease the pain a little?

I was going to suggest just stop using them and then I realised how stupid that sounded. It's not like you can take them out and put them in a glass jar somewhere.

12. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

Thank you for that wonderful image, Kindler. tirial, do take care of yourself.

13. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Heh - you're welcome. :D

and ditto to tirial

14. tirial

tirial Member

Won't be posting for a while. Large dose of anaesthetic, and complication. The good news is that I'm on eyedrops only now and the lens is out.

For Kindler or those who like gore:
    The bandage lens had stuck to my eyeball. I'll leave the removal to your imagination.

15. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

I am cringing. Take care of yourself.

16. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

They took it out, polished it up like a snooker ball and put it back in?

Good to hear its out though, hope it stays that way.

17. jessica

jessica Active Member

Ew:silent:! Why am I still reading this:confused:? It's horrible:silent:!

Get well-er soon, please?