Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Where you Read

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Jordan, 13 Nov 2017.

1. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

We've chatted a bit about what we read, but now I'm curious about where. I can get lost in a book just about anywhere. Can you only read in quiet places, like your home or a library? Or can you read anywhere, like on a bus or waiting at the doctor's office?

2. Donna

Donna Member

I can read anywhere Jordan. I love a book that I can get lost with and it doesn't matter where I am. Hubby keeps the TV going 24/7 so I have learned to read with noise in the background as well.

3. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

I read a lot of digital books because they are so convenient. I prefer to read when it's nice and quiet, but that's hard to come by. Like Donna, I've learned to ignore a lot of the noise around me and prod on with my book.

4. Anna

Anna Member

I can read absolutely anywhere. My mother has always been envious of my ability to read in the car. I just have a way of tuning out everything else, I guess! Usually, I read at home though when it's quiet since that's when I typically have time to do so.

5. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

Ah yes, the ability to read without getting travel-sick. I can do that on most occasions, although given the driving ability of some bus drivers in this area it can be sorely tested on occasion.

6. Belle

Belle Member

I've been known to walk into ditches while reading a book... I can read just about anywhere. If a book is really good and I just can't put it down, then it doesn't matter where I am, I'll read it!