Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

2017 Goals

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Jordan, 28 Dec 2017.

1. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

Did anyone set any reading goals for 2017? Or take any challenges to read outside your comfort zone?

I usually set a small goal for myself, somewhere between 50 and 75 books, and try some new things or get around to reading things on my personal backlist. This year I definitely feel like I've failed at the reading game, but it's been a rough year. Hopefully, things will turn around.

Ellie Jane likes this.
  2. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

I set out to find a new author (new to me) that I'd enjoy reading many of their books. The recommendations here helped with that. I also wanted to throw one of the top book club meetings. We compete and vote at the end of the year on lists, activities, and books. I came in third which is fantastic for our group. I can thank the suggestions here for that as well.

You might not have completed your reading goals, but I find it phenomenal that you completed NaNo.

Jordan likes this.
  3. Donna

Donna Member

I didn't have a reading goal per se but I do pick up another book as soon as I finish the one I'm reading. I have finally worked an hour a day into my schedule to do nothing but read. Other times I read in snatches. Just a little here and there.

4. natalie

natalie Member

Those are all great goals, guys! I came on here without really knowing what my goal would be but Ellie Jane's post reminded me of something I've been meaning to do for eons: join (or start) a book club. That's my goal for 2018.

5. Belle

Belle Member

I realized that for the past decade or so, I've been setting goals and not meeting them. I don't know if it's because I set too many at one time, but this year, I've decided to just focus on doing better than the day before. I hope this helps me to at least stay on track toward my previous year's long term goals.