Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Diamonds and Site Credits

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Bookangel, 10 Mar 2017.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

You might have noticed the Diamonds number under your name. These are credits awarded for taking part in the board, posting, starting threads etc.

If you look in your Wallet section (top right, by your username), you will find you have several options.

The Shop allows you to spend diamonds either on things for the board like new titles, or on some extras from Bookangel. If you go to the Book Promotion section you will find things like SideBar ads and Tweets available to buy with diamonds as a reward to active members.

Fast Guide
    Click your Wallet link in top top right next to your username
    On the left hand side under Credits you will see
    • How many you have
    • Your Transaction history
    • A Transfer button where you can transfer credits to other users.
    • A Purchase link, where you can buy diamonds. We currently offer 5,000 for $5, as we're charging 5000 for a sidebar ad and it's 5,000 diamonds to get one. This rate may change.
    Below that under Shop you will see
    • Products, which shows the catalogue of things you can purchase.
    • Purchases, your purchase history
    Under Products you have Board Extras, which are titles and things, and Book Promotion which offers ways to promote a book through Bookangel.

Products >> Book Promotion currently offers:
    5,000 - Sidebar ad
    5,000 - Sponsor slot reserve list: if a Sponsor fails to pay, a book from the reserve list is shown instead. (3 slots only)
    100 - Tweet your book
    80 - Plurk your book

You can purchase one of these by clicking on it and agreeing to purchase. If you have enough diamonds, the payment will be deducted and you will get either the item immediately (Board extras) or an email off-board to your registered address, giving you details about what we need from you to provide your promotion. All the normal rules about book suitability and our right to refuse a title still apply.

Members of the LoopCritic group have an extra option for their help with reviews. If you are in this group and need help, or see the extra option and wonder why, please drop me a message.

Last edited: 18 Mar 2017
  2. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Apparently I have 83 Diamonds, wonder what I can get for that.

3. Very interesting. I'm off to check my diamonds! :)

4. I love the idea of Diamonds in exchange for products. Is there any expiration date on these, or do they carry on indefinitely?

5. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

They last indefinitely. There's no expiry date, because we thought some authors would want to build credits up to get things like site ads free or discounted. It just seemed like a nice thing to do for people taking time to contribute to the site.

We might add things like suggest a Stumble or a Pin to the options, but as always we would keep right of refusal.

C. Lee McKenzie likes this.
  6. Julia

Julia Member

Oh wow! That's awesome. I didn't know that the diamonds could be used for anything. This is a great idea! Now I want to get more diamonds to spend!

7. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

I hadn't noticed them before. It's a great idea though. Bound to add to the whole forum experience. I imagine authors will go nuts for them.

8. Demi

Demi Member

I was wondering what those diamonds were for, it really had me confused. I think that this is a cool system and many people are going to enjoy it.

9. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

We certainly hope so...

10. jessica

jessica Active Member

Diamonds really doesn't works as a name. ::unsure:: it kinda sounds like a merit badge. Is there a better name for it?

11. Jackie

Jackie New Member

I don't know, I like the 'diamonds' as a name. I think it sounds better than a generic name like 'credits'. I see how it could sound like a merit badge though. Did you have any other ideas, Jessica? I'm trying to think of something literary, but keep coming up with things like 'pages' or 'chapters.' I guess something like 'angels' or 'halos'? I don't know if those sound any less merit badge-y though.