1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ereaders and Tech Support now has its own area for all your kindle bugs and technological wandering wonders. (Relevant older threads are being moved here.)
    Dismiss Notice

Kindle Kindle wi-fi question?

Discussion in 'Kindle, Kobo, and Ereaders' started by Lynda, June 5, 2018.

1. Lynda

Lynda New Member

I have a kindle, and I can connect to wifi at home. My cafe doesn't have wi-fi, and nor does my phone so connecting there is not possible. Are there any gadgets like dongles that can be used to generate wi-fi for a kindle without using a phone? Carphone Warehouse said I should put a sim in it, but the kindle doesn't have a space for one.

2. Tregaron

Tregaron Active Member

I have exactly the same problem. What model of Kindle is it?

3. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Kindles don't seem to support USB dongles as such. Their USB port isn't meant for it, it expects the Kindle to be a peripheral to a computer. However Kindles can connect to phones, so they should be able to connect to pocket hotspot devices, e.g.
    Buy O2 3G Pocket Hotspot | Mobile broadband | Argos

Hope that helps.

4. Tregaron

Tregaron Active Member

Those look expensive. Do they have any on Pay as you go, rather than a monthly plan?

Site Sponsors