Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

News Review Aside cartoon has a new home!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Bookangel, 30 Mar 2017.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

You can now also read Review Aside on Comic Fury.

Review Aside will still be published monthly on Bookangel, but it was getting rather lost among the books. We took the decision to put it somewhere where it can get more readers, and hopefully send a few back to us. As a bonus, Comic Fury will allow us to put ads on it, so with luck we can improve visibility and income.

We will be re-editing the strips to include bookangel's URL at the bottom, and trying to recover the lost strips from over Christmas, lost during the server upgrade. @tirial, who did the originals, has agreed to do the work.

View it here:

2. jessica

jessica Active Member

Good luck! Shouldn't this be on the news on the site?

3. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

First off congrats. Secondly - which thread should we respond to?

It's probably a good home for it as well.

4. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

I always enjoyed the strip, and I wish it all the best in its new home.

5. Terry

Terry Member

Looks like a good home for it. Hope a lot more people get to find and enjoy it.

6. HattieMoon

HattieMoon Member

I never noticed this before so it is a nice surprise; they are really clever, and very 'shareable'. On that note - I was a bit surprised to see a code grab for MySpace. That seems a bit out of date I guess it will be replaced by a Facebook button?

7. littlesister

littlesister New Member

I didn't know that you had a comic strip. Or are you just using the site to gain more readers? This site is sooooo funny and I really enjoyed reading it.

8. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

Are the comics originals? If so, they're clever. On a few it took a minute or two to figure out error. Have you tried sharing these with school teachers? It might be a way to grow your audience.

9. porridge

porridge Member

How's it doing? I miss 'em on the site.