Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

What are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by jessica, 29 Jan 2016.

1. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Ok...now I'm looking forward to Civil War.

2. djbook

djbook Member

9 months have already passed. So far, I have been able to do most of the things that I set out to do, except for being able to raise a hundred thousand dollars for a charity that helps people who face disaster. Sadly, I haven't even been able to raise a couple of thousand. But, anyways, the recent quake in Italy and New Zealand tells me any contribution will be welcome.

3. clair02

clair02 Member

I'm looking forward to finishing my first fiction book. I have only ever written non-fiction and this was a first for me. I am so excited about it. I get what you mean about the fact that we as a society tend to focus too much on negative things and forget to be grateful for the whole lot of positive stuff we have going on in our lives.

Tregaron and djbook like this.
  4. djbook

djbook Member

Well good luck with your book Clair. I used to write non-fiction as well. I actually found it easier. But, it required a ton of dry research, whereas for writing fiction, I usually sift through interesting historical people and their characteristics, or create something completely out of thin air. Writing fiction is really empowering.

clair02 likes this.
  5. clair02

clair02 Member

I know what you mean about writing fiction being empowering! I am experiencing it now. I am feeling things I never felt before when writing non-fiction, and now there just aren't enough hours in the day. I could do this forever. There are just so many ways I could go with one idea, it's mind boggling.

6. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Heh, well in a month or so - everyone can look forward to NaNoWriMo - that should get a few people panicking.

Good luck with the book though.

7. clair02

clair02 Member

I am looking forward to it too. It's in November, isn't it? It's going to be my first experience and I'm so eager to learn more about it.

8. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

It's something I hear bandied around every October or so. There are probably better people on the board with more experience who could give some pointers as to what to expect.

9. jessica

jessica Active Member

WCPW iPPV party! TONIGHT!! :D:D

10. Quiet Sun

Quiet Sun New Member

I am exited to see what the next few months brings in regards to my new/rehashed career. I am self-employed so my success is dependent solely on me. Things are different this time around so it's going to be interesting.

Terry likes this.
  11. Terry

Terry Member

Good luck and here's hoping it works out for you.

If you wouldn't mind, which area do you work in?

12. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

The next Bank Holiday coming up at the end of May. I always enjoy a three day weekend.

13. Miranda

Miranda Member

It's great to see what all everyone was looking forward to last year and this year. For some most things remain the same and for others it's all new and exciting. How different is this year from last year for you?

14. HighSparrow

HighSparrow New Member

I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to not doing anything at all for the next few weeks. I have worked myself to exhaustion these past few months and I'm now taking a well deserved break. I just want to hide myself away with a mountain of good books and lots of chocolate and wine.:D

15. Meryl

Meryl Member

Wow, I envy you, HighSparrow. Sounds like you're going to have a great time these next few weeks. I'm looking forward to my daughters recital. She's so excited about it, it's infectious.

16. jessica

jessica Active Member

Can I say 8th June and No More B&*((&&&&&((( elections:(? Dodging election muggers is tiring:eek:.

17. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

This year isn't 2016, that can only mean its a good thing.

TBH, it's not that much different year on year, except for something going wrong every other day.

18. Kharyode

Kharyode New Member

I'm looking forward to watch my cool movie: the arrow, the flash, heroes reborn, shadow hunter.
    Also I'm looking to see the greater person I would become in life.