Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

What's happened to the boards?

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by atry, 3 Feb 2018.

1. atry

atry Member

There's been a shift in tone for the boards over the last few months. I mean, the bookangel boards were to discuss independent authors, and I came here to find info on authors I hadn't read before or about ebooks like we had on the proboards. Since December we've had stuff on Nicholas Sparks, Anne MacCaffrey and people who aren't indies at all. I'm not really posting because theses aren't authors I come here for. There are boards like Goodreads for that. Can we get back to indies please?

2. porridge

porridge Member

Too. F-ing. True! Avoiding bookchat right now 'cos of this.

3. jessica

jessica Active Member

I had noticed. I didn't like to say anything::unsure::

4. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

My fault entirely. I hadn't realised it has got so bad and I am clamping down on this. Barbara Taylor Bradford is not an indie author at all.

If you see something like this again please use the report function.

5. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

Thank you. I had reported a few of them, but it seems the threads have now vanished. Your work, I take it?

6. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

You know - given the entire site of Indie books, and free at that, just a click away, it should be easy enough to find some new ones.

While I don't mind chatting away about JK Rowling, there are actual indy authors like Amanda Hocking we should chatting about instead.

7. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

There are plenty of books on the site. I've had a small run of actually quite good books keeping me ticking over, which has been an enjoyable surprise.