Log in or Sign up
Bookangel Boards
Home
Forums
>
Everything Else
>
Introduce Yourself
>
Hey Folks
>
Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
Dismiss Notice
Reply to Thread
Name:
Verification:
What is five plus ten?
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="HarryPi, post: 147115, member: 45482"]I have a hair appointment soon and want to settle a palette question before choosing a shade. One quiz put me in Deep Winter; another suggested Deep Summer. The difference seems small on screen but noticeable when I hold clothes beside my face. With indirect daylight, black looks fairly strong on me, yet some cool muted colors also seem comfortable. I do not want to treat a camera result as a final answer because the room lighting and automatic white balance change the appearance of my skin. My next step is to compare a few pieces I already own rather than buying a full new wardrobe. I am looking at whether clear jewel tones or softer cool shades make my eyes look more defined, and whether either group emphasizes shadows under them. Before the appointment, I would like to bring a few specific color references instead of just naming a season. I found a page about <a href="https://findhairstyle.top" target="_blank" class="externalLink ProxyLink" data-proxy-href="https://findhairstyle.top" rel="nofollow">color analysis</a> while sorting out the terms, but I would value observations from people who have compared these two palettes in person. Would you try a few borrowed garments first, or is there another simple check that helped you decide? I would rather wait than commit to the wrong shade. Specific examples would help more than a season label alone. I can compare swatches with the stylist first. Thanks for any advice from your own experience.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="HarryPi, post: 147115, member: 45482"]I have a hair appointment soon and want to settle a palette question before choosing a shade. One quiz put me in Deep Winter; another suggested Deep Summer. The difference seems small on screen but noticeable when I hold clothes beside my face. With indirect daylight, black looks fairly strong on me, yet some cool muted colors also seem comfortable. I do not want to treat a camera result as a final answer because the room lighting and automatic white balance change the appearance of my skin. My next step is to compare a few pieces I already own rather than buying a full new wardrobe. I am looking at whether clear jewel tones or softer cool shades make my eyes look more defined, and whether either group emphasizes shadows under them. Before the appointment, I would like to bring a few specific color references instead of just naming a season. I found a page about [url=https://findhairstyle.top]color analysis[/url] while sorting out the terms, but I would value observations from people who have compared these two palettes in person. Would you try a few borrowed garments first, or is there another simple check that helped you decide? I would rather wait than commit to the wrong shade. Specific examples would help more than a season label alone. I can compare swatches with the stylist first. Thanks for any advice from your own experience.[/QUOTE]
Log in with Twitter
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Bookangel Boards
Home
Forums
>
Everything Else
>
Introduce Yourself
>
Hey Folks
>
Ads by Project Wonderful! Your ad could be here, right now.
Home
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...