Quantcast

Welcome to the Boards

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CatInASuit, 28 Dec 2015.

1. Alex J. Cavanaugh

Alex J. Cavanaugh New Member

I'm Alex, author, reader, guitarist, and IWSG founder. I really like your emphasis on the smaller press books. Some of the best books I've read in the past couple years have been from blogger buddies who are either with small presses or indie.

C. Lee McKenzie likes this.
  2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, welcome aboard.

I've seen what you've done with IWSG and have to agree that anything that can help writers turn out better books is always a good thing.

3. Honeybee42

Honeybee42 Member

Book-loving e-hell refugee saying hello!

To be honest, I can't remember a time when I wasn't reading. There's a family legend about how my parents learned I could read, which goes along the lines of when I was 4, I would sit and read the evening newspaper with my parents (who thought it was so cute that I was pretending to read). Until the day that one of the local "working ladies" who had a nickname "Baby Doll" was arrested. The headline read "'Baby Doll' [surname] arrested". Well, remember, at the time I was a 4yo girl, so clearly this story was of interest. My parents were rather surprised to hear me say, "Mommy, what's a p-r-o-s-t---" Family legend does not record how my parents explained that occupation, alas. I've been reading ever since, and my interests in fiction are pretty wide. The faults that will cause me to stop reading are either snapping my willing suspension of disbelief or the deadly sin being so boring that it leads me to say "I don't care what happens".

Followed the link with the impending demise of the e-hell forums, and I think I could be quite happy here.

I live in southern IL, which is about 280 miles away from Chicago, and even further away in terms of culture. Most of the people in this area would be quite happy if Chicago sank into Lake Michigan. I'm a mother of four--oldest son just graduated from a university here, middle son from the community college (and is now on management track at his place of employment), and then I have twins (son and daughter) who are just finishing up their next-to-last year of high school.