Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Review The Trinket Box

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Bookangel, 9 Sep 2016.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

The Trinket Box

Milty is an old man leaving out his life after seventy years and slowly realising that his memory is slipping. The one thing that he keeps trying to remember is an old Trinket box, filled with a few odds and ends that he recently found. Each one should trigger something, and event or location he […]

Continue reading...

The Trinket Box

A stunning piece of horror writing. When I finished it I went for a two hour walk. Then I recommended it to the rest of the group

Continue reading...

Last edited: 2 Oct 2016
  2. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well reading that little review is really enough to lock me in. Anytime I can find a horror story that is described as "stunning" I am usually okay, and to hear about the need for a long walk afterwards just validates that even more. Thanks for the recommendation, and this is going on the list.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Member

This reminds me of a children's story that I am having trouble coming up with the name for. It is about a boy who brings back this old woman's memories with a little box like this, and it really sounds very similar, so I am excited to see if this can live up to that for me. Should be an interesting read.

4. skye

skye Member

This is not a children's book, so please don't read it to them before reading it first. It is a horror story about dementia and a tear-jerking one at that.